Advaita or Nondualism

I have had a lot of ESP experiences, even though I don't pursue ESP. This blog was a good way for me to write of these experiences. Recently, however, I have become fascinated by Advaita or Nondualism and have been writing about this subject.

Sunday, March 20, 2005

20 Questions Answered

It was 1970, and my wife and I were just married. There was a knock on the door, and it was an encyclopedia salesman. He said that the set of encyclopedia were free, but we would have to pay for 20 answers to 20 questions that we may have. He said that a team of expert researchers at the home office would answer any question I may have.

Instantly, I thought that I could have the answer to the big questions, such as what is the meaning of life. I also wanted to know more about God. Now, this was before computers and Google and Yahoo, where today we can find the answers to almost anything (except the big questions, of course).

So, dazzled by the 20 answers to my 20 questions, I signed the contract for the set of encyclopedia. Of course, right after the salesman left I came to my senses. I realized that I was really paying for the encyclopedia set. I called the state Attorney General’s Office. I received a call from the encyclopedia company which denied using any such a tactic as the 20 answers to the 20 questions.

The bottom line was we were able to get out of the deal and my money returned. Today, I realize that the answers are not outside of me but within me. If we are quiet enough, we can hear the answers to any questions posed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home