Advaita or Nondualism

I have had a lot of ESP experiences, even though I don't pursue ESP. This blog was a good way for me to write of these experiences. Recently, however, I have become fascinated by Advaita or Nondualism and have been writing about this subject.

Sunday, January 16, 2005

ESP

I have posted my major ESP experiences under “A Sign” and “Baha’i Faith.” The following are two smaller examples of lesser ESP experiences, and they are a little different.

One happened while living in Michigan. I was driving through Pontiac and thinking about something when all of a sudden I experienced an interference with my thought. It was much like listening to a radio station and another station signal comes through on that station. All of a sudden, a thought of Helen came from nowhere. Helen was a colleague from another agency. There was nothing romantic about Helen, nor was I interested in her romantically.

I remember at the time feeling that this was very strange that the thought of Helen came up right in the middle of thinking about something else. I looked at the lane next to my car and saw Helen driving next to my car. For some reason, I had picked up her energy field. It was nothing conscious.

The other experience happened in Springfield, Illinois. I told my co-worker, John, about some of my ESP experiences. He said that he wanted to try an experiment. John said that at 8:00 p.m. he would be concentrating on something, and I was to try to tune in.

I have never tried anything like this. At 8:00 p.m., I attempted to tune in; but I received absolutely nothing. I called John to tell him the bad news. I asked him what he was trying to send me, and he told me it was the hand-washing scene in Macbeth, where Lady Macbeth was attempting to wash the blood from her hands.

I got excited and told John about a strange experience I had in the bookstore in the afternoon. I had picked up the book, Hamlet, and turned a few pages. I noticed in bold print in the book the hand-washing scene from Macbeth. I turned a few more pages. Then it hit me that there is no hand-washing scene in Hamlet. I tried to find the bold print that I had seen earlier in the book but could not find it.

For some reason, I had picked up what John was sending me but not at the designated time. Going to bookstores relaxed me. I must have been relaxed enough to pick up John’s thoughts but did not know what was going on at the time. Only that I had a weird experience in the bookstore.

1 Comments:

  • At January 18, 2005 at 3:15 PM, Blogger Brother Bob said…

    Yes,the latest explanation seems to be that the observer (scientist) is not detached from the subject (experiment). Just by observing influences the outcome.
    Fascinating stuff

     

Post a Comment

<< Home