Advaita or Nondualism

I have had a lot of ESP experiences, even though I don't pursue ESP. This blog was a good way for me to write of these experiences. Recently, however, I have become fascinated by Advaita or Nondualism and have been writing about this subject.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Tired

I have worked for 35 years, and I am tired. My job requires constant deadlines. But I cannot retire yet. Still have too many bills to pay. I may have to work for another four or so years. My son just finished his freshman year at college. Still more college bills to pay.

I spend about two hours a day commuting to work. I am tired.

Weekends bring more responsibility. I live on an acre and one-half. Constant mowing of the lawn. Constant upkeep.

At the same time that I say I am tired, I am not yet prepared to retire. What would I do?

Finding another job at my age would be difficult. What would I do?

While I do complain, I have it pretty good. I do enjoy my job, only not so much of it. I have lots of freedom at work; I can decide what I want to work on each day. I can take a day off anytime I want.

The only problem is that I am tired. I think my age has caught up to me. It takes me longer to replenish myself.

I complain, but the rest of the world’s people are struggling to find good water, food, medicine, and shelter. To try to stay alive for another day. To keep their children alive.

They would look at me complaining and shake their heads. I live like a king they would say. I have lots of material stuff — cars, a nice home, televisions, DVDs, cable, etc.

I will eventually be able to retire, while they will continue to struggle to stay alive.

However, that does not change the fact that I am tired. That is a complaint that I can tell the world. I am just trying to figure out how to get off this merry-go-round and to start living.

2 Comments:

  • At September 4, 2005 at 11:13 PM, Blogger Sophia said…

    I don't know how old you are, but if it makes you feel any better, I'm 27 and very tired. Life takes a lot out of me. I feel selfish saying this when, like you say, there are others in the world who have it worse off than we do. But still, I feel trampled-on by life.

     
  • At September 5, 2005 at 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Stacey

    Thanks for your response. I read your bio, and you sound quite mature for someone your age. For me, the tireness comes from not taking vacations and constantly working. I do, however, sometimes also feel trampled-on by life. I would suspect from your bio that you are quite gifted and sensitive. To understand death is quite astonishing for someone your age. Being sensitive you may be overwhelmed by the insensitivity of everyday life. Just a thought.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home