Advaita or Nondualism

I have had a lot of ESP experiences, even though I don't pursue ESP. This blog was a good way for me to write of these experiences. Recently, however, I have become fascinated by Advaita or Nondualism and have been writing about this subject.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Tell Me A Story

I am still interested in nondualism but find the literature boring and dry. I have always been interested in personal stories, especially stories about overcoming personal struggles.

I spend nearly two hours a day commuting back and forth from work. Because of the long commute, I have been a big fan of talking books. I have a CD changer in my trunk that can hold six CD’s. A few years ago, I started out with all the latest mystery/murder talking books by the famous popular authors.

However, these kinds of mystery CD’s no longer capture my attention. I find myself moved by inspirational stories about a person being alienated by God; and by the book’s end, the person having faith in God.

Unfortunately, most of these inspirational books have a Christian story. There aren’t books or talking books with Buddhism, Hindu, or nondualism themes that tell the same inspirational message.

Anyway, to put it simply, I wished there were more personal stories about nondualism in books or talking books. I find books on philosophy boring. The books out there today are basically preaching philosophical approaches.

Just tell me a story about your personal struggle and how you overcame it. That’s what reaches me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home